|Cocktail Open Sandwiches|
IngredientsBrown bread – 1 loaf
Butter – 250 gms
Processed cheese – 250 gms
Boiled potatoes – 1 no.
Boiled egg – 1 no.
Carrots – 1 no.
Black olives – 5 to 6 in no.
Boiled chana–2 tbsp
Mustard sauce – as required
Mayonnaise sauce – as required
Thousand island dressing – as required
Tomato ketchup – as required
Salt, pepper, oregano, chili flakes to taste
Mint, coriander and dill leaves for garnish
- Take a hot pan and grease it with butter. Now heat the bread slices on it to make them crisp. Remove the edges.
- Cut these slices into different shapes like circles, stars, triangles and so on. Butter these well.
- Place these on a serving dish.
- Now place some boiled chana on one of them. Add some mint leaves and coriander leaves on the side. Sprinkle some grated cheese on it and add some pepper on top.
- Place the slice of a hard-boiled egg on another one. Add a drop of mayonnaise sauce and a drop of tomato ketchup on the side. Sprinkle some oregano on top and garnish with dill leaves.
- Place some mashed boiled potato on a slice. Put a drop of Thousand Island dressing next to it. Sprinkle salt and pepper on it. Garnish with mint leaves.
- On another bread slice place a slice of carrot and one or two olives. Sprinkle grated cheese on top. Place a drop of mayonnaise sauce on the side. Garnish with chopped dill leaves. Sprinkle chili flakes on top.
- All these are cold sandwiches. You do not have to serve them hot. These are bite sized and hence easy to serve and eat.
- Add on any toppings that you want. This can include chopped cabbage, boiled beans, rajma, finger chips, grated radish, roasted boneless chicken, salami, ham, mutton seekh kebab and so on. While the Indian dishes taste best with tomato ketchup, add any other sauce as per your taste. Add any garnish to add color to the whole dish. Sprinkle some condiment of your own choice.
This is a dish that children love to prepare. It is easy to make and does not require much cooking too. Rather, it lets their creativity flow. You can have as many options as you want. If you wish to serve these for a kids’ party, then you can replace the vegetables with fruits. Hence it can be a piece of cherry, a slice of pineapple, a slice of orange, a piece of banana, kiwi, and mango and so on. Then you would have to replace the sauces with some fruit syrup such as strawberry, vanilla and so on. You may add a dollop of cream on top. If required you can even sprinkle some sugar crystals on to. Add a dash of chocolate where required by grating it on top of the fruit. The bread slices can even be fried in oil as that will make them more crisp as well as tasty.